The Human Settlements and Environment (HSE) Program of TAO-Pilipinas, Inc. is looking for a program staff for its numerous projects. Contract period will start on April 16, 2015. The staff shall have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct ocular or monitoring visits to project sites.
- Assist in the planning and design consultation processes with stakeholders and in coordination meetings with consultants and partners.
- Draft design development drawings based on the results of consultations and as required in infrastructure projects
- Prepare documentation of activities and progress reports on assigned tasks and/or projects
- Consult the HSE Program Director on matters requiring decisions.
- Perform other tasks which may be assigned by the HSE Program Director or Executive Director.
The qualifications required for this position are as follows:
- Preferably a graduate of architecture or civil engineering with knowledge in design, cost estimates and construction of socialized housing projects.
- At least 2 years of experience in drafting and design of socialize housing or similar projects. Experience in technical report writing and documentation work is required.
- Fluency in English and Tagalog with excellent writing ability is essential.
For interested applicants, please read the full details of this job vacancy in the TOR-Program Staff for HSE and submit the following documents:
- Application letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Sample written work
- Two (2) recommendation letters from former employers or professors
- Preferred salary
You can submit the documents via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or thru fax at (+632) 4410998. Please make sure to read the given TOR before applying. Applications will be acknowledged where an e-mail address has been provided. If you do not receive an e-mail acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission, your application may not have been received. All short listed candidates will be notified on or before April 6, 2015.
The January-March 2015 issue of the YP E-Newsletter is ready for download. The latest issue contains the recent projects that TAO has been doing since the start of 2015. Included in this issue is the Typhoon Ruby Emergency Shelter Assistance in Northern Samar, MOU signing for Project Pagbangon, and Post-Haiyan Shelter Projects in Northern Iloilo and Samar. We also have updates about Masagana community and some of the activities they’ve been doing. We are also accepting applications for OJT applicants or interns who are interested in providing technical assistance to our partner communities. Details of the application is in the newsletter. To download the latest issue, please click the cover photo to the left. If you wish to subscribe to our enewsletter and receive updates about TAO activities and projects, please sign up below.
The latest issue of the YP E-Newsletter is now available. This issue covers October to December activities of TAO-Pilipinas. Included in this latest issue is the TDH Germany funded sustainable shelter assistance project for 40 households in Manicani Island, Guiuan, Eastern Samar. The article discusses the progress happening in the project and recent updates. Also included in the newsletter is an article about the house design made by TAO-Pilipinas for Enfants du Mekong under the Fondation de France’s Post Haiyan Reconstruction Project. Aside from the main articles, network activities involving TAO-Pilipinas are also featured such as the community kitchen conducted by Buklod Tao, TDH Partners’ Meeting in Cebu, and the launching of Missed Again Report in AIM Makati City. Our YP Reflection is written by one of the CRS (Catholic Relief Services) volunteers, Junly Lucero, who talked about his experiences working with CRS and TAO-Pilipinas during the Community Action Planning workshop last summer. Announcements about the YP Internship and Christmas gift-giving activity is also featured in this latest issue.
If you want to subscribe to our e-newsletter, just fill up the form below